Trip for Foreigners
Welcome to river country. Bangladesh is braided together by more than 700 rivers, producing a deliciously lush landscape with more shades of green than you ever imagined. Travelling by boat is a way of life here, and provides a fabulous opportunity to see the country from a more unusual angle. This is one of the world’s most densely populated countries, but once you’re slowly floating downriver on a small wooden rowboat, it’s easy to imagine you have it all to yourself. Whether you’re travelling to hectic Dhaka or to the Suburbans’ mangrove forests, boats large and small will help you explore Bangladesh’s riches.
Visa on arrival
– Visitors from countries in which Bangladesh has no mission, and from those countries, which issue Landing Permit (LP) or Visa on Arrival (VOA) to travelers from Bangladesh, will qualify for the same at the Hazrat Shahjalal International airport, Dhaka.- Foreign investors, exporter and the people attending seminar or symposium organized by the government of Bangladesh will also be eligible for VOA (VOA seekers must produce valid documents from concerned authorities such as BOI, BEPZA, BGMEA, FBCCI and concerned Ministries of the Government).– People from BOI remain on duty round the clock to facilitate the foreign investors with VOAs or LPs on the basis of certification from BOI, BEPZA or Ministry of Industries.– People from any country under official ban will not, however, qualify for VOA or LP.– The immigration officer at the port of entry (i.e. airports, land ports etc.) will approve VOA after examining all relevant documents and after his/her full satisfaction.– Same port for entry and departure– Visa Duration: Maximum 30 days, single entry
People of the following categories of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden may obtain visa on arrival at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka:
- Business/Trade officials
- Potential investors
- Members of defense and security forces with prior clearance from the Ministry of Home Affairs of the Government of Bangladesh
- Spouse and children of Bangladeshi origin foreign citizens (at the port of entry, such VOA seekers must submit proof of Bangladeshi origin e.g., citizenship certificate, current/expired Bangladesh passport)
- Officers/staff of the foreign Embassies, UN and subsidiary organizations located in Bangladesh (VOA seekers must submit their appointment letters and other related travel documents).
- Also the Nordic citizens of above categories are eligible for visa on arrival if they travel to Bangladesh from a country where there is no resident Bangladesh Embassy/Consulate.
- VOA seekers must check the following prior to departure for Bangladesh.
- Fees to be paid at the port of entry in cash in USD/Euro/Pound Sterling
- Minimum USD 500 in cash or in credit card (Except those on government duty)
- Return ticket for short time stay
- Valid passports (Holders of Certificate/Laissiez-passer issued by the United Nations and its Specilalized Agencies and Continuous Discharge Certificate/Nullies/Seaman book (when traveling on duty) are exempted from this.)
If you are waiting for your connecting flight and hoping to get the best out of it, Transit Visa will be allowed to you for the period of maximum 72 hours or till the time of the next available flight on request of the concerned carrier. For this an amount of 20 USD or equivalent amount of foreign currency is to be deposited in the concerned bank account. And then you are free to be amazed by Beautiful Bangladesh.
If you haven’t done with wondering our amazing lands, you can extend your Visa on Arrival by applying to the Department of Immigration and Authority in light of existing Visa Policy.
In respect of visa on arrival the following procedures to be followed:
- a) Visa fees are to be paid in foreign currencies (US dollar, GB Pound/Euro etc.);
- b) Visitor must possess minimum USD 500 or its equivalent amount of foreign currency in cash or credit card;
- c) Visitors must have return ticket;
- d) Must have necessary documents to justify his/her visit;
- e) No visa fee will be applicable for the visitors from these countries which are exempted from visa fee.
- f) On arrival visa fee will be applicable on the basis of reciprocity only.
- g) The concerned intelligence agency must collect complete information of visitors to take necessary action. The immigration authority at Airports and Land Ports will send a monthly report on this issue to the Ministry of Home Affairs and the Department of Immigration and Passports.
- h) Visa on arrival shall be issued only after being satisfied about the purpose of visit. In case of foreign military or defense forces, prior approval from the Ministry of Home Affairs must be taken.